Cobá is a large Classic era site with a number of structures spread around in 5 main groups. While you’ll get your exercise seeing this site (you’ll log 3 to 4 miles walking), it’s worth it for the variety of structures here.
A Photographer’s Guide to Cobá is a comprehensive guide to the ruins, with an eye toward making the photographs you take there the very best they can be.
This eBook will give you:
- A road map and directions to help you get to the ruins
- 6 maps of the structures in the ruins (one overview map, and five detailed section maps)
- Photographic equipment suggestions — what I’d suggest that you take, what you can safely leave at home
- A description of any photography restrictions at the site
- Comprehensive descriptions (with images) of the viewable structures at the site, to help you plan your time there
- Descriptions of on-site facilities (restrooms, water, etc.)
- Enough historical background to help you make sense of what you see
- Tips to help you make the best photos you can at the site
- Exclusive buyer-only access to online supplemental content — links to additional material online, images you can download for computer or iPad wallpaper, and an editable “shot list” with maps and structure images (print it out and carry it along on your visit)
Containing 6 maps, 13 images, and 18 pages of site-specific material (if printed on letter sized paper), this guide costs $2.99. Once you purchase the eBook, write down your password (from Appendix C of the eBook), and head over to the Cobá supplemental page for downloadable extras.