Palenque is a mid-sized Maya site in the southwest corner of the Yucatán peninsula, renowned for its unique and well-developed architecture and sculpture. It takes some effort to get to, but will reward your efforts with the potential for fantastic images.
A Photographer’s Guide to Palenque is a comprehensive guide to the ruins, with an eye toward making the photographs you take there the very best they can be.
This eBook will give you:
- A road map and directions to help you get to the ruins
- Ten maps of the structures in the ruins (one site map and nine detailed area maps)
- Photographic equipment suggestions — what I’d suggest that you take, what you can safely leave at home
- A description of any photography restrictions at the site
- Comprehensive descriptions (with images) of the viewable structures at the site, to help you plan your time there
- Descriptions of on-site facilities (restrooms, water, etc.)
- Enough historical background to help you make sense of what you see
- Tips to help you make the best photos you can at the site
- Exclusive buyer-only access to online supplemental content — links to additional material online, images you can download for computer or iPad wallpaper, and an editable “shot list” with maps and structure images (print it out and carry it along on your visit)
This eBook costs $4.99 and is available for Kindle at Amazon.com (US store, UK store, DE store, FR store), for Apple devices on iTunes / iBooks, for Nook at Barnes & Noble, and for all other devices at Smashwords.