Dzibanché, Lamay, and Kinichná are a trio of Classic era sites within a few minutes drive of each other, all about an hour’s drive west of Chetumal or Costa Maya. One ticket will get you in to both Dzibanché and Kinichná (Lamay is free, but with limited access), and the sites are not well-known, so you may well have them to yourself. Most of the structures here are climbable as well, as opposed to the case at more heavily-visited big name sites — so you can get some great views.
A Photographer’s Guide to Dzibanché, Lamay, and Kinichná is a comprehensive guide to the ruins, with an eye toward making the photographs you take there the very best they can be.
This eBook will give you:
- A road map and directions to help you get to the ruins
- Three maps of the structures in the ruins (one each for the three sites)
- Photographic equipment suggestions — what I’d suggest that you take, what you can safely leave at home
- A description of any photography restrictions at the site
- Comprehensive descriptions (with images) of the viewable structures at the site, to help you plan your time there
- Descriptions of on-site facilities (restrooms, water, etc.)
- Enough historical background to help you make sense of what you see
- Tips to help you make the best photos you can at the site
- Exclusive buyer-only access to online supplemental content — links to additional material online, images you can download for computer or iPad wallpaper, and an editable “shot list” with maps and structure images (print it out and carry it along on your visit)
Containing 4 maps, 19 images, and 19 pages of site-specific material (if printed on letter sized paper), this guide costs $2.99. Once you purchase the eBook, write down your password (from Appendix C of the eBook), and head over to the Dzibanché / Lamay / Kinichná supplemental page for downloadable extras.